Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Capron EF1 Tornado

 On the night of May 17th, a severe thunderstorm passed through Boone, Winnebago, and Mchenry counties. A tornado was produced, and touched down south of Poplar Grove, and traveled North East passing through Capron, and into rural Harvard. The storm produced large volumes of hail, and damaging winds. Two structures in Capron were collapsed.


This tornado passed through my subdivision while I was pulling up to my house on my way back from the gas station with my neighbor. The air was very still, and calm for about 10 minutes until I pulled onto my street, which is when the tornado moved through the small neighborhood. As soon as I turned onto my street the winds went from 0-100 mph with a torrential downpoor, and golfball sized hail. I felt my truck begin to be picked up, and nearly could not make it 100 yards to my house.


http://www.weather.gov/lot/SevereThunderstorms05182017
Photo Damaged Buildings

No comments:

Post a Comment