Wednesday, February 20, 2013

White-Out Conditions, Road Closures Possible in Four Corners Snowstorm



Locally heavy, blinding snow will slow travel along I-10, I-25, I-15, I-17, I-40 and I-70 in the Four Corners region into Wednesday night.
Rough travel conditions from snow will be along I-17 and I-40 in Arizona, where snow levels will dip as low as 3,000 feet with accumulating snow and slippery travel beginning near 3,500 feet. Up to a foot of snow will fall over the Rim Country.
Pockets of heavy snow will also occur farther east along I-40 in western New Mexico.


The snow could be intense enough for a time to bring white-out conditions and road closures.


Snow will fall as far south as the mountains of southeastern Arizona. Slushy, snow-covered roads are possible along high-elevation stretches of I-10 east of Tucson.

No comments:

Post a Comment