Monday, October 28, 2013

Man Struck by Lightning ... Twice



The odds of being struck by lightning in a lifetime are about 1 in 6,250, according to the National Weather Service. By being struck twice, 31-year-old Casey Wagner beat far greater odds.
The man, who was at an off-road competition in North Texas over the weekend, was standing under a tree when he was hit by lightning twice in close succession, he told KTVT-TV.
“What I remember is just a loud boom and it dropped me to my knees and then it hit me again,” Wagner told the station. “When I got hit, it was just two big ol’ flashes and then sparks went everywhere.”
A nurse at the event took care of him until he was taken to a hospital, where doctors monitored him until his heartbeat returned to normal. The plastic poncho he was wearing may have attracted the lightning, hospital personnel told him.

http://news.discovery.com/adventure/survival/man-struck-by-lightning-twice-131028.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment