Saturday, October 11, 2014

Sea Level Variability : Redux with a king tide

It's a little too busy for me right now, so I am going to repeat my sea-level rise primer. I had a few scientist colleagues tell me it was a good one, and I am inclined to believe them. It comes with a King Tide, which must have something to do with that fall eclipse thing. This story from NPR tells me that the number of flooding tides in Annapolis has gone from 4 to 40 per year since the 1950s. The increasing flooding that is creeping up along the coast might be a little like slowly turning up the temperature on the pot full of Chesapeake crabs. The Union of Concerned Scientists has a nice new report entitled Encroaching Tides which summarizes things along the U.S. coasts.
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/RickyRood/comment.html?entrynum=313

No comments:

Post a Comment