Saturday, November 24, 2018

Snowstorm with blizzard conditions to blast I-80 corridor of central US this weekend to Monday

Snowstorm with blizzard conditions to blast I-80 corridor of central US this weekend to Monday

Static Central Blizz 9 am
As millions of people head home over the central United States into Monday, a major storm will bring blizzard conditions from Nebraska and northern Kansas to northern Illinois, southern Wisconsin and Lower Michigan before Monday.
Even though the storm will start as rain in much of this swath, as colder air invades, rain will change to snow and roads will become slippery.
The combination of increasing winds, heavy snow and poor visibility will create localized blizzard conditions at times.
As temperatures plummet and snow continues to fall, roads will become icy and snowcovered, followed by blowing and drifting snow along much of the Interstate-80 corridor and portions of I-35, I-39, I-70, I-88, I-90, I-94 and I-196 in the region.
Major cities that can expect at least a few inches of snow include: Topeka, Kansas; Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska; Des Moines and Davenport, Iowa; Kirksville and Kansas City, Milwaukee; Grand Rapids and Lansing, Michigan; Madison, Wisconsin; Missouri; and Rockford and Chicago, Illinois.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/snowstorm-with-blizzard-conditions-to-blast-i-80-corridor-of-central-us-this-weekend-to-monday/70006709

No comments:

Post a Comment