Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Snow, Ice to Threaten Travel From Denver to Oklahoma City

As Arctic air pushes southward across the Great Plains through Friday, a swath of snow and ice will develop and create slippery travel from Nebraska and Colorado to parts of Texas and Oklahoma.
The arrival of the Arctic air will erase temperatures in the 60s and 70s and replace them with temperatures in the 20s and 30s in a matter of hours.
Many major highways will be adversely affected by the snow and ice, including I-20, I-25, I-35, I-40, I-70 and I-80.
The greatest amount of snow will fall from the mountains of Colorado and northern New Mexico, where 6 to 12 inches of snow are forecast.
In most areas, a heavy amount of snow and ice is not expected. However, even a small amount of snow and ice can create dangerous travel conditions, when combined with plunging temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment